Well, at the hospital they checked me in, and after waiting for the better part of two hours, with my mom texting me every few minutes, the nurse finally came back in and told me that I had three options. (I was dialated to a 2, and 60%...) She said 1. I could just go home (NO WAY). 2. I could stay there and they could keep checking me to see if my contractions would get any stronger. (no, they never will....) or 3. she could call the doctor and he could come and break my water. DUH!!! Of course I choose option 3!!!!! (the best part was that Mike was not even here at this time! He went home to pack my bag and help with Brandon... tee hee.. He missed out on the fun part..)
So, to make a longer story a little bit shorter, the doctor came in and broke my water right at 4 pm. YES! I was having a baby now and nothing could stop me! :)
Mike got back to the hospital soon after the doctor left. I told my family, and they were going to come over as soon as my dad got home from work. One random thing....my older sister DeeAura missed Brandon's birth because she was on a mission in Nauvoo. She didn't see Brandon until he was 3 weeks old. That was really hard on both of us. But.... luckily she was here this time!!!!!! The scary/funny thing was that no one could get a hold of her to tell her that I was in labor! She finally called me back and said she didn't answer the phone because she was in the temple! I guess that that is a good enough excuse. :)
Now, here we go. The families (my parents and mike's parents, my sisters DeeAura, Julia and Kristen) were all sitting around in my delivery room waiting for something to happen. We all just sat around and talked. blah blah blah. And yes, I got an epidural and it actually worked this time. :) The nurse came in around 7 pm and checked me and said I was at a 6. Still waiting....checked again around 8...still a 6. Then she came in around 9, had the family leave again to check me, said be just minute and that they could come back in soon! BUT...... she checked me and said..."oh..you are dialated to a 10, and I can see that your baby has hair! We better call the doctor!"
YIKES! HERE WE GO! The doctor, who was great this time around, came in and got all ready. The baby nurse was there, with an intern, and a student nurse came in to watch the delivery. Nothing like a bunch of strangers staring at you when you are about to give birth.....thank goodness that Mike was there holding my hand! And get this....the doctor sat down, three small pushes, and waa-laa.... I HAD A BABY! This was sooo easy this time! Nice and quiet, really a five minute labor, and I had a wonderful new baby boy! (If you want to read a funny view on this, read my sister DeeAura's blog www.deeaura.blogspot.com )
Here is James's info...
James Ross Olsen
Born April 23 2009
Weight 7 lbs 5 oz
Height 19 1/2 inches
Time 9:24 pm
Mike is so happy to have James here. He feed him his first bottle, and you could just see the happiness pouring out of Mike. He really does love his children.
About 10 minutes after James came, the rest of the family got to come in and see him. DeeAura was the first one to hold him besides Mike and I. That was really neat to have my sister holding my baby, and seeing her be so happy to be there! I love you Dee! All the parents were just really happy to hold James too and see their grandson. :)
And thanks to DeeAura and Daniel for getting me the coolest purse and book and cd! I love them!
Well, we have finally come to the end of my longest blog ever. I hope you enjoyed reading about one of the best days of my life. Thank you to everyone for helping us and to my wonderful family and great friends for being there for me when I needed them.
And to Mike- Thank you again so much for all that you do daily for me. I love you
4 comments:
I swear having a baby makes you loose all your dignity with all those people in there. The longer and longer I pushed more people kept coming in. But I was too tired at that point to notice. But I do remember the bed being surrounded ha! Congrats though I am so excited for you and I am glad it went so quickly!
Yea!!! Good job Jennifer! Thank you for updating your blog! You and your family will enjoy looking back and reading this in the future! :) I am so glad that little James is finally here! Brandon will get used to him...eventually! I have the best grandsons ever! Love you!
I really wish we were in Utah! This makes me miss you guys even more! Tell Mike not to worry, he's not the only dad who gets teary eyed when he has a new baby. aren't hubbies the best? Hope my next delivery will be like that, quick. But then again, the last one was pretty quick, so maybe not.
Hahha! Oh, Fiffer, how I love you! I love this. Please always write about everything. It helps me miss you a little bit less. Or more? Huh. Could be either one. Both. :) And I love Brandon. Holy crap, that kid...pretty soon he'll bring James a car and tell him all about it. That is, until James can actually play with them, and then...woof. I can't wait for that scuffle. :) (AND I'm glad Mike liked his present! I'll give you a Karate Kid quiz later.) Kidding. :)
Post a Comment