Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow, Pizza, and Fun

Hello again! So much to catch up on, so little time to actually sit down and write about it. :) So, where to start? The past few weeks have been crazy, but way fun!

At the beginning of October we had General Conference, which I loved! And they announced that Brigham City (my hometown) is getting a temple! Yeah!! And this past week they announced that the location will be across the street from the Brigham Tabernacle. It is going to be so amazing for my family and grandparents to have a temple so close to them. :)

What else? Oh, I took this way cute picture of Brandon last week sometime. He was ready for bed and wanted his trucks to sleep by him. And he wanted to read his "Mah-Queen" books.

Oh-this little boy is so my kid! He fell asleep with his books. :) love this boy!


And now about my little James. Who is not really little. :) Last time we checked he weighed 20 lbs. crazy. He has his 6 month checkup today so we will know his stats today. I actually like going to the well checkups, because they tell you how awesome your little boy is. :) Short, fat and has a big head... :) Love this little boy so much!! He has been able to sit up all by himself for almost 3 weeks, and has been able to roll from back to front for almost a month. Just 3 days ago he was finally able to roll from tummy to back! He is so excited about it! now he just roll to get places. yikes. And he now has..... a tooth!! He has been working on it for a couple weeks and it broke through last week.

Now...yesterday I was having a bad-ish day. But then I was talking to my sister DeeAura online and sent her some pics of my kids. And she put this on her blog http://deeaura.blogspot.com/2009/10/perfect-trade-off.html . Thank you so much Dee for reminding me of the happy and good things in my life. :)

Speaking of good things, here is a picture of my awesome hubby! Yep, married for 3 years and still love this guy so much! ;)

Ah. Now remember the fact that I live in Logan? Major cold place? yeah... We sure woke up to this....
Brandon was super excited about all the snow! He wanted to go out on the porch about 50 times to look at it. And he showed me that the "play gron in snow!" and "ouch. cold toes, mom!" yep. He is super awesome.

And now, on to last weekend. These two awesome people came up to spend the weekend with us. This is my little brother Ben and his future-wifeee Jess. :) (I said that to them and they both kind of freaked out. I sure laughed. :) )They are getting married in the St. George temple on March 19th . :)
They came up so that Jess could have her bridals pictures taken. I helped her get ready-which was so much fun! I miss helping girls get ready for things! (I have four sisters...) -sigh- someday I will have a little girl! Anyways!!! She has some of the coolest bridal pics! yeah to her photo-taker guy. :) (BJM photography) We sure had an adventure! Good thing that the snow waited!! I would show you guys some-but my little bro might see. tee hee.

They stayed all weekend with us and came to regional conference with us. Brandon now has more favorite people. When they got in their car and drove off to confernce, Brandon freaked out! "Jess!? where you going? wait for brandon!" And during conference he had to "wash hands mom" and when we got done, he ran back in and yelled, "Ben! Jess! where are you? I coming!!"

~sigh~ love having aunts and uncles. :)

And now to last night! Mike and I were way too tired to make food, and then a coupon for papa murphys showed up in my inbox. sooo... this is what we had for dinner. :)

YEP! We had a JACK-O-LANTERN pizza!!! How neat is that!! 10 points to them for thinking that up! And tomorrow is Halloween... ! We will see how that turns out!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

so cute!! we miss you guys a ton! I hope Grace reacts that way to her aunts and uncles. she sure loves her cousin Alex.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I nearly cried my Halloween makeup off! That was all so wonderful to hear! You seem so happy while writing about all your fond memories and I loved hearing about my awesome future nephews! I miss all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps- I've missed getting ready with girls too it was fin talking to you! I've only had a get-ready session about four times in all my college life thus far.

Sabrina J. Shy said...

I know...can you believe this snow!!! We went to the temple of Tuesday night and I certainly wasn't dressed appropriately for the weather. Yikes.

Yes, that little Jack-o-Lantern pizza is so cute...my hubbie and I are going to make our own tonight.

I can't wait for the Brigham City temple...so special for everyone here.

And oh my gosh--I cannot believe how big your little baby is. My son is almost 11 months old and is only 19 pounds. But both or your boys are absolutely adorable.

Happy Halloween!

DeeAura said...

AAAhhhh!!! I loved this post. I love the stories, I love the faces, I love the Jen. :)