Monday, February 1, 2010

The new stats :) (and a new header..)

Hello one and all who actually read this! :)
Here are some things with "stats" or so... that have happened to us the past few months. :) And since a pictures speak a thousand words.... yeah.


First off, my amazing Grandpa and Grandpa Kelly (my mom's parents) had their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 31,2009. 50 years!! That is so inspiring to me! They really have left a great example for Mike and I to follow. Thank you Grandpa and Grandma for everything you have taught me over the years and we love you both so much!

And yes, this is my Grandma actual wedding dress! Isn't it the most amazing dress! I love it! (and those ladies are my sisters, future sister-in-law and me of course. :) )

Not that Mike and I are a stat, but I just had to put this picture up. :) The Christmas season was a great one for us. :) And we don't have many pictures of just us...so here you go. :) Oh, and just so we have a stat with this picture, we have been married for 3 1/2 years now. :) And this was our fourth Christmas together. :) Love you Mike!

Now-remember this little boy? Yeah, me too. I forgot how little he was! But he is not this tiny anymore!!

Here he is now! (well, that picture is actually a month old, he is even bigger now!) James is now 9 months old. He is very very very quickly moving out of baby-ness and going straight into being a toddler. ~sigh~
Here are his stats:
Age: 9 months and one week
Weight: 23 lbs 7 oz (90 % for his age)
Height: 27 1/2 inches (25% .....)
Head circ: 46.3 cm (75%)
So, according to the doctor and the stats for James, he is big, has a big head, and is short. :) ha ha. Silly boy is doomed with that big head. :)

Here are some things that the Mr. James can do now-
1. crawl as fast as Brandon can walk. for real.
2. Two weeks ago he learned how to pull himself to standing by things.
3. Now he can hold onto things and walk very slowly along them. And he loves it!
4. He has 6 very sharp teeth with another one on the way.
5. Words: mama and bbbbb(raspberry noise) for Brandon, and sometimes he says daaaa
6. Sleep? not. He is such a night owl. Wonder where that comes from... ha ha.
All in all, James has a very sweet personality and loves to smile and giggle at anyone. :)

And now- on to this little boy!

Yep, that is little Brandon the summer that we lived at the scout camp in Bear Lake. :) He is actually pretty close to the same age in this picture that James is now. He really didn't really know what to think of that wet sand. Ha ha.

But now this is what that little chunk is growing in to.
Look at that HANDSOME boy!! He is so big! Ack! What happened?! wow. How on earth can I handle two toddlers. ha. Now, if only this boy would just potty train himself. tee hee. yeah, and I can just keep dreaming.

Lets see if I can think of some stats for Brandon here.
Age: on Thursday he will be exactly 2 1/2. wow.
Weight: last time I checked he was just over 30 lbs. yep. big.
Height. He is like James and is short for his age, but I think he is growing taller everyday!
Head: His head is always in the 95%. His head is huge!!
And now...some other things.
1. He can now officially run faster than I can. oh dear me.
2. Brandon just loves to play the "plano" and sing songs to me all day. I am really glad that he loves music too.
3. He knows about every word. And will copy everything you say, so watch out. HA HA!
4. He can sing the ABC's and knows what the letter B looks like. And he will come over and type bbbbbbbbbb on everything I am doing. yep. bbbbbbb
5. Brandon is having issues sharing with his little brother and likes to tackle James all the time. Any suggestions?! :)
Other than that, Brandon is a very funny little boy who loves to make everyone laugh.
And now, some more great news!!!
Mike finally got a job! Yes, it is only a temp job for month, but it is a job!! Yeah Mike!! We really miss having him home with us all the time, but he is really glad he has a job. Love you!
As for me... I found some ladies that I know that have a Book Club here in Logan. YEAH!! More reasons to read! (like I need a reason!) And my mom-in-law fixed a sewing machine for me, and I am almost done with it! more on that and pictures to come sometime..
Let's see...anything else??
Yep. Ben and Jess get married in two months, and Daniel face finally moved back to UTAH!!!!! About time Mister. :)
And DeeAura performed in the Savior of the World this winter. Lucky. If I could find a picture...but I am on Mike's computer, and all my pics on are mine! ARG. But it was the best thing ever to go see this Christmas. :)
That's all for now folks!

8 comments:

DeeAura said...

AH! I love this! Those boys are getting so big!! I miss you all. And love you. And I'm jealous of your sewing machine and book club. Also, I just started the Hunger Games. Have you read them? Okay, over.

Tannie Datwyler said...

That was fun to read! Your boys are so cute and getting big. That wedding dress picture is awesome.

I'm so glad you are coming to book club. Did you get my e-mail???? The next meeting is on Thursday! My house at 7:00 PM.

Deanna said...

aw! we miss you guys a ton! I love that James calls Brandon the raspberries :) as far as tackling goes, I'm afraid they'll be doing that the rest of their lives. but one day James will be bigger than Brandon, lol.

Crystal Kelly said...

Jen you're so cute! I like that picture of you and Mike! :) Oh and I loved Grandma's wedding dress too! So pretty! I can't believe how fast your boys are growing! Hope you guys are doing great up there! :) Oh and I saw DeeAura's comment. If you haven't read the Hunger Games, you should! They're good! :) Love you!

Mindy said...

Yeah for updates. Looks like you've got your hands full...of FUN!!! Two cute boys. My sister has three of them, and is SO excited to finally have a girl. Of course she wouldn't trade her boys for anything, but she's really wanted a girl.

Anonymous said...

Hi JeN! Thanks for the update. I do have a very important message to give the cute lil boys....*ahem*~
"NO MORE GETTING BIG (stop)-By orders of the curly uncle and straight haired almost aunt (stop)"

Hehe hope everything is going well you Olsens! love you!

Jess

Kyra and Ben said...

You're boys are very cute. And Landon has a huge head too. I am so impressed you got a 2 1/2 year old to pose for a picture! And congrats to Mike for getting a job.

Kym said...

I didn't even know you had a blog until you posted something on facebook. It's so cute! You're kids are so adorable! I love James' chubbiness! He has those cheeks you just wanna pinch! :)